Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Simmering silent

Something in my soul dances with a shadow
Of what, I cannot say
Movement whispers to my left and I turn
To see nothing but the air in motion
Locked in midnight

There is meaning in this darkness
I know
I've entered it before
Then returned to light with scars intact
And glimmers of truth building homes in my heart

This path is not new or unknown
I remember it from times before
When fresh worlds collided and their shrapnel opened windows
But the sun did not scream in
Only glistening stars and a hint of the moon

A hand now rests upon my shoulder
Urging me forward to the midnight
I know who this is
And I smile

What more is needed to begin a journey?

No comments: