Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

St. George

Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful. But I have no desire for fame and power anymore.

Actual quote by George W. Bush...and treated as if it's filled with wisdom and meaning and worthy of respect. After all that man has done to this country.

I still can't wrap my head around the absolute stupidity of today's media. They are no longer journalists; they're stenographers.

I was once offered the chance to meet George and Laura, and I turned it down. I had this image of me spitting in his face and being locked up by the SS for the rest of my life. Now? No spit; I'd slap the MFSOB, and the hell with prison.

This has been a difficult day, with me finding out I have Blepharitis in my eyes, and it's going to be a problem for the rest of my life. I now have to wash them out every night in a certain ritual and put a drop in each one because if I don't, they'll swell up and itch and go red and make my life hell. Seems the Norwegian side of me is susceptible to this, and my having had acne along with the measles, mumps and chicken pox made it even more likely.

My skin's always been an irritant. I'm so fair, I've gotten second-degree sunburn through a t-shirt (my first week living in Hawai'i). Most of me is pink, with freckles the closest I can get to a tan line. I once had a condition on my hands that caused them to dry out so badly, the skin would crack and bleed and scar. I stopped that crap by soaking my hands twice a day then slathering on Neutrogena hand cream...but it took a while. And still use that cream on my hands every night. Or else.

But I will say, I probably have the softest hands of any guy in New York state. It works on heels and elbows, too.

Don't ask why. Just accept.

No comments: