Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Pushing my work

I started a FaceBook page for "The Lyons' Den" since I don't think the publisher's doing one damn bit of publicity on it. Seems I've locked myself in with companies using the self-publishing aspect of the internet to make it appear that they're really publishers.

I have no fault with that since they went through the trouble to make the books available, especially now that I know how much of a pain in the ass it can be, but I wish they'd done at least a little advertising. As it is, the books don't sell very well, and it's mainly because people don't know about them. At least, my author's ego says so.

I tried to get a couple of magazines to let me know their rates and requirements for a small ad in their on-line editions, but so far none of them have answered my queries.

I guess I'll have to find ways of doing it on my own. A friend of mine in advertising was telling me about how FaceBook's ad pages work, and it sounds like a good idea. Maybe she has more ways of making the books known without it costing me an arm and a leg.

I knowI won't make a lot of money off the books, if any, but I would like to know they're being read, at least.

No comments: