Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Tired blanketie blank...

Getting ready for Santa Monica and San Francisco wore me out, today...so I crashed when I got home and did nothing but watch the first season of "Downton Abbey". I was lent the BBC edition DVD by someone at work. Nice show. I like it...and I liked it when I saw the exact same scenes in "MRs. Miniver" and "Gosford Park" and "My Man Godfrey" and "Upstairs Downstairs" and a hundred other movies and TV programs.

Nothing wrong with being unoriginal, so long as it's done well. And it pretty much was. Maggie Smith steals the show, just like she did in "Gosford Park". I can see what the fuss is over.

I was avoiding "The Hobbit" because I really don't like the book, but I just realized Aidan Turner is in it. So maybe I'll force myself to go...maybe. But until then...I want this poster!

I wonder if I've found the personification of Thomas in "Darian's Point"? I could see an early 20th Century woman of class and breeding, a true Boston-Brahmin, falling for him based on looks and Irish charm. Both of which he's got in major abundance.

No comments: