Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Another draft done

Well...for all my planning to make major trimming...this new draft of "The Alice '65" is 114 pages long. Much of it works better. Letting Adam do his drunk thing actually smoothed over some awkwardness and made a trip to the bathroom at the theater a necessity. The story flows, again, and I'm now ready to let it sit for a while to give me space to see if it still works when I come back with a fresh perspective.

I did major rewriting on the party and the finale in the private jet. One works, the other still seems busy...which it should be, really. Maybe it's just not coherent, yet.

I still need to finish a first draft of "The Vanishing of Owen Taylor". But that one's splayed all over the place, right now, so it'll take a fair amount of time to get back in order.

Now I can finish Season 3 of "Being Human". Aidan Turner and Russel Tovey don't come back for Season 4, so this'll be the end of it, for me.


No comments: