Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, March 22, 2013

What good is money?

I doubt I'll ever know because I'll never have enough of it to really do what I want. Half because of choices I've made about my direction in life; half because I spend it like it's nothing. And I'm about to do it, again.

I got my taxes done, last night, and I'm deep in it. I'll have to work out a payment plan with the IRS and figure out how to save enough to keep this from happening again. Which I'd already begun doing.

So...what does that mean? I'm coming to LA and spending 4 days on my dime. Putting myself deeper into debt and insolvency. And I don't care. I have a packing job on the 15th and 16th then have to head up to Seattle on the 21st for another packing job. Giving me Wednesday through Saturday to visit friends and see if I can do anything about getting interest up for A65.

That's the reason I don't have any money, really. I do crazy things like this to try and advance myself, and slosh it all over the place...then take months if not years to get my finances back in order so I can do it all, again.

So...I'm getting "The Alice '65" and "Find Ray Tarkovsky" into top shape, now, now, now. And I'm contacting agents and other people to see if I can get representation. Maybe I'll even start up a FaceBook page for this. It's helping get "The Lyons' Den" noticed, somewhat.

Of course that could be a double-edged sword. I think I freaked my CPA out when I told her about my books...and took a write-off on the expenses of publishing and promoting them.

I'm such a wicked freak, sometimes.

No comments: