Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Love Zyrtec and hate it...

It stops my nose and eyes from driving me nuts...and makes me lazier than I already am. I can easily drift through an entire evening and do absolutely nothing. At least I'm working on A65's synopsis.

Big deal. Well...yeah, it is. It needs to be as tight as possible and, apparently, is expected to even tell the end of the script, according to many people. So I'm gonna, albeit without telling the how of it. Just one of those "and they lived happily ever after" tags at the end.

I'm itching to get back onto the rewrite or polish of A65, soon. Despite the Zyrtec. There are a couple of competitions coming up I actually want to enter because of what they could do for the script. One has a table read as a prize. That would be cool. I used to belong to a writer's group, in LA, that had actors as members. They were there to work on their cold-reading skills. So we'd have them act out 25-30 pages of a script, cold, and the writers would give feedback. It's amazing how much that helps you in your writing.

Actors liked to do my scripts because I always give them meat to work with. I'd actually have them jockey to be in one of my bits. Loved that. And yes, mainly because it fed my ego. In fact, that group is what helped me build something of a belief in my writing and a vague writer's ego. Still carries me.

Okay...zoning, again. Seems the lethargy comes in waves. So I guess this exemplifies my current state of mind...so cheers, for now.

And one more pass on the synopsis before I do the shower and bed thing.


Hm...wonder if Christina Ricci's open to being Casey? She'd be interesting.

3 comments:

Michael said...

Christina Ricci as Casey? Yes, yes, yes a thousand times yes! I love her and she's perfect for the part. In fact, in my head I pictured the character with almost all her same features.

JamTheCat said...

I guess I need to figure out if I can contact her, then...

JamTheCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.