Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

No rushing around

 Here's a photo I shot, recently, of the Appleton Edition of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". The Alice '65 looks a lot like it but was published by MacMillan and has a copyright date of 1866 on the title page.
A copy of this plays strongly in the story, when it looks like the book everyone thinks is the A65 is really a less rare edition. It's still very valuable -- up around $20K -- and the book's boards (the front and back of the book) look almost exactly like the 1865 edition, but it's not nearly non-existent.

I've seen four copies of the '66 since I started this story. It's like they're springing up everywhere, even though only about a thousand were bound for sale. Still...that's a lot more than the fewer than 25 of the presentation copy that are known to be in existence.

I'm settling into the script's rhythm, now, and ignoring all concerns about length as I input the red-pen edit I've done. Giving Adam and Casey a bit more room to breathe helps a lot. So now Act I ends halfway into page 29. Meaning the script should wind up at about 116 pages. I can live with that.

Now it's back to doing my own thing...just like the script wants me to...and damn the confusion.

No comments: