Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 18, 2013

Nothin' much...

Working on my taxes in preparation for a trip to the CPA, Thursday, so I'm fighting a nasty headache and blurry eyes from so damn much crap.


I've decided Aidan Turner is the perfect personification of Patrick Thomas O'Brien in "Darian's Point", and I'm definitely going to write it as a book. It's set in 1910 on a small island off the western coast of Ireland, and he's a local boy, sort of to the manor born, who's made a success of himself in America as an architect. And despite the social mores and ideas about sex being very restrictive at the time, I can just see even a woman as controlled as Marion, who's an upper crust Boston Brahmin, forgetting herself over this Irish scamp and scandalizing her family.

Now brain wishes to curl up and die...bye-bye...

No comments: