Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

STEVE HAYES: Tired Old Queen at the Movies - ADAM'S RIB

Just watched "Adam's Rib" with Spencer Tracy and Katherine Hepburn in my quest to find the best tone for my script, "The Alice '65". Link on the title to view a video critique of the film.

It's been a while since I've seen it, but I remembered it as being a dramatic comedy. Yet everywhere I've looked, it's listed solely as a comedy. Well...I was right. There's some serious stuff in this as well as a lot of humorous. I mean, it starts off with a woman trying to kill her husband; hardly chuckles there. And yet...

This makes me feel a lot better about the humor in A65. Of course, a lot will depend on the ability of the cast to pull it off...but I think it's solid, right now. Once I finish tinkering with it.

Which will be never.

No comments: