Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Dreaming...

I had a weird one, the other night, that's still with me. I don't remember much of it except I was on a plane and wanted to get off, but then it was a train and I was wearing glasses that focused my eyes on the one door...but the door was too small. And yet, lines shot from the eyepiece to the opening. I thought of Alice and wondered if a caterpillar was around with that there mushroom. Then I was with a friend in a pair of boardies and I had a flat belly, and we were close...and then I woke up.

Only thinking about it, it wan't me in those boardies. That guy had a body I could never have, mainly due to skeletal structure and the fact that there was hair on his chest; I never needed to shave my body to come across as hairless. Must be the Norwegian in me; it sure as hell ain't the French.

I spent $30 on groceries, today, $4 of it for a salad to put my tuna with. I'm set for the week, however, except for milk. One good way to lose weight is to cut down on how much you eat at a time and see how long you can go before you need to eat, again. Guess I'll try that out. 1 DP a day. Eating half what my usual portions are.

I remember when I was unemployed and in college and had no money, I could make a Dr. Pepper and a package of Ritz crackers and cheese my dinner and not feel needy. Of course, there was less of me to keep full, at the time. But I may as well get back to it, because if the GOP has its way, I'll get next to nothing in Social Security benefits when I retire, and Medicare will be dead.

But hey, maybe I'll be able to fit into a pair of 30" waist jeans, again. Been a long time since that's happened.

No comments: