Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Jake's a sneaky one...

He just got cut by some kids trying to gay-bash him. He beat them to a pulp and thinks the only reason he's got a pain in his side is he was kicked around by a cop a couple days before, and cracked a rib. But Antony noticed it and kept quiet, which startled me. The police are there; he should have said something. But he didn't until Ian, a nurse who lives in the same complex, was home and he could ask that guy to look at Jake's side.

I don't know what that's about. And Tone's explanation as to why he kept quiet about it doesn't ring right, yet. But it's upped the ante on everything...and comes at about page 200, which could be the 60% mark. Jake's already getting to understand what's going on; he just doesn't know who's behind it, yet. But this little stunt has put him back in control of the story.

It happens on a Friday night. The rest of the story, as written, can't happen till Monday. So...what's going to fill the weekend? What're they going to find? How an I going to restructure this, now? I think I know...or knew...but now I'm not so sure. I just know Jake's being warned off, and that just doesn't make sense to me, yet; it's too clumsy and obvious. Maybe it will, tomorrow.

"After all, tomorrow is another day..."

No comments: