Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 23, 2014

Best musical I've seen in years...

Been so cold in Buffalo, it hurts my nose to even breathe, outside. So I watched this gloriously wild video about The Russian Broadway Theater being shut down because it's too gay. I'd embed it, but YouTube is being bitchy about sharing.

As regards U/G...I'm throwing inhibitions to the wind. I was getting nervous about aspects of the story, but that's a childish way to act. Whatever happens in it happens, and I'll be damned if I'll self-censor anything.

Nor am I sharing anymore until it's done. I halfway wonder if my posting parts of the story is my passive-aggressive way of getting encouragement to continuing working on it. Like some obnoxious kid bringing his kindergarten finger-paintings home and expecting mommy to ooh and ahh over them...and then getting pouty when no one responds. Or even when they do, just nodding in the back of his head and thinking to himself, "Of course they're great."

I think it's time to be a motherfucker for a while.

No comments: