Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 2, 2014

New thoughts on a cover for HTRASG...

This one may actually work...

I like the starkness of it, and it feels dangerous. I added a hint of light to the eyes, and that seems to emphasize the threat. But I wonder if it comes across as too focused on evil? Or if that's what it should have as its undercurrent? Considering what happens in the book, it's really a horror-thriller...so maybe I'm being wimpy.

I'm beginning a letter to send out with the book and notes on the postcards, hoping to get book shops to take in copies of David Martin instead of just offering to order it for a customer. I have no idea if any have been bought, yet, but I've ended the Facebook ad. That damn thing was expensive and for next to no reaction from people. I did better with The Lyons' Den and Bobby Carapisi, the Complete Novel when I had ads up for them. At a lot less. Facebook's gotten greedy.

We're having a vicious winter storm, right now. My hands got frozen even in gloves and driving the car, not to mention my feet sloshing through the snow. Last I checked, it's 5 degrees with a wind-chill of minus 15. That's Minnesota weather, you betcha...

Saturday it's a hop down to NYC to pick up a book to hand carry to the UK for a client. I hope my plane will be taking off, let alone be on time.

World flier Kyle.

5 comments:

MAC said...

I do like the cover. The summary is intriguing as well. I didn't know the details of the plot and it definitely pulled me in. I WANT TO READ IT! I think my followers would be interested as well.

JamTheCat said...

Careful, Mac, I may take you up on that. But this is a very dark piece. I don't want to corrupt your innocence...too much. ;)

MAC said...

LOL! I'm not as innocent as you think. ;-)

JamTheCat said...

Tell you what -- I'll send you a copy of the original edition and you can see what you think. If you're open to it, once I have the new one up and running, I'd love to have you link to it...if you don't think your followers will freak out. :D

MAC said...

Sounds like a deal... although I have to admit that you've scared me a bit. ;-)