Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, January 26, 2014

I'm a night writer

Seems the best time for me to write is after I've been up most of the day and worked my brain into total awareness...and then start writing about 9 and go till 1am. that's how I added more to U/G -- and I'm up to 57 pages. That's at least ¼ of the way through the story.

I've got a bit of a headache, still, from it, but a lot of that is because I went into work today to get caught up with everything from last week. One client took a solid 10 hours to get into shape, and I'm still not 100% sure he is...but we won't know till his paperwork is dropped off to customs.

Positive thing is, I have more money than I thought I would. I got reimbursed for my travel expenses and also found a prescription I've been taking for the last few years has gone from a $120 a month co-pay to $5, thanks to my new health insurance. Surprised the hell out of me; my previous policy wouldn't really kick in till I'd hit a $1500 deductible. Comes in handy when you're facing $6000 in taxes and just have 10% of that in the bank.

At least I was able to pay quarterly on my NY State income tax, so I doubt I'll have to worry about that on top of it. But I need to figure out when to work this up; I'm off to Santa Fe on Tuesday and then to San Francisco for a book fair and another job, then down to Pasadena for that book fair and home, again, on the 10th. I've always said I liked to travel...and truth is, I do. It just makes a mess of my writing schedule.

What schedule I have...which is none...I just...write....

No comments: