Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Guinness Building

I'm writed out thanks to focusing so hard on UG the last few days, so here are some photos of the magnificent Guinness Storehouse Tour building...

This is the exterior, all brown brick during the day and elegant lighting at night.
 The interior's been hollowed out up to six stories, with arrows painted on the floor to lead you through the self-guiided tour along with snippets of information to add to the experience.
This waterfall is part of the section dealing with the importance of a certain water to the brewing of the ale.
 That waterfall is also a fine backdrop for a romance -- or so I luridly thought. Turned out they were brother and sister. So much for my ESP abilities.
And finally, a selfie in the bar atop the building, with the lights of Dublin gleaming past my reflection in the window. It took me twenty minutes to get just the right space without people wandering in or sitting in front of me. That's my free Guinness in hand.

No comments: