Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, January 12, 2014

London calling...

Just a quickie note -- I be here. Just got ripped off buying Pounds Sterling, so now I know I'm in the UK.

Nice flight, overall, on time and got more done on OT...until my battery ran out. Only first class gets power outlets on US Air. But I had a window seat and a great view of Greater London's glistening lights as we flew in. Reminds me of LA in size and scope.

I will say, that airline was in chaos at Buffalo's airport. All I had to do was check a bag...and it took me 45 minutes. You check in at the kiosk and then the gate agent calls your name once the bag tag is printed up. Only all the agents were helping reroute other passengers, so they didn't get to that till more help showed up. And I even beat the long, long line that showed up after me.

Not that it mattered. I was there 2 hours early...and the flight was 2 hours late taking off. Had plenty of time.

Now it's off to the tube and hopefully an easy trip to the B&B I'm using. I'll be ready to eat when I get to Wimbledon, and there's a nice pub with great fish and chips near the station...hmm...sounds just right.

But there was a nice Indian place near the B&B...if that's still there...

Dammit, now I'm starving.


No comments: