Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, January 27, 2014

Quick note...

Too much happening today to get anything done on my writing, but I have been zeroing in, slowly, on U/G. Maybe on the plane to Santa Fe, tomorrow...if we get off. It's supposed to be 0 about the time I have to head for the airport with a windchill of -20. Who knew I moved to North Dakota?

I'm having fun with the amorality of my lead character, Dev. He is what he is and if you don't like it, too effin' bad. Something like Antony in RIHC6 but without the psychosis...well, visible psychosis.

An interesting concept has attached itself to the story -- Berserkers, as explained by Wikipedia --

Berserkers (or berserks) were Norse warriors who are primarily reported in the Old Norse literature to have fought in a nearly uncontrollable, trance-like fury, a characteristic which later gave rise to the English word berserk. Berserkers are attested to in numerous Old Norse sources. Most historians believe that berserkers worked themselves into a rage before battle...

It's an interesting idea for Dev...but it also fits with Carly Kills...and if it does, so what? I'm not averse to repeating myself. I've two totally different versions of Aristophanes' The Birds going in the back of my brain.

Gettin' pretty damn crowded back there....

No comments: