Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Snowbound...

This is my car after the blizzard. That's six inches of snow piled on it. Took me close to half an hour to get it all off and make a passageways for the car to drive off, and that's with it being somewhat protected by a building. But it started up, straightaway. Damn good car and battery.

I left my wipers up so they wouldn't stick to he windshield. That can ruin them faster. And that stick by the door is my snow brush. Very handy, those things.

I'm zeroing in on the finale of OT. I actually started revealing who the killer is, in the middle of a near riot with news cameras around and no one wiling to believe Jake knows what he's talking about. It's sloppy, right now, but it's getting there. And Lemm and Matt are in the middle of it.

I've dropped reworking NYPDB. I just can't handle it, right now...if ever. No, I flat out cannot do another rewrite of it; I've already done two and the last one took me forever to get into. I just don't want to go through that, again. So I told him in an e-mail. I feel bad about it, but the fact is, I don't have the time to keep working on a project that isn't mine and hasn't made me a penny outside of a couple free dinners.

As regards my trip arrangements, so far all I'm out is the $30 for a plane ticket to Dublin on Ryan Air. It would've cost more to change the ticket than to just buy a new one. But I've already begun working up things I need to find at PRONI, in Belfast. And maybe I can work it so I have better access online than I currently do.

Nothing else left to say...

2 comments:

MAC said...

YIKES!!! You don't see that in South Texas. I showed Jr. the pic. He kicks a kick out of the snow.

JamTheCat said...

I was living in San Antonio when they had 13" of show in one night -- January 1985. Shut the city down for 3 days. I was living over by Windsor Park Mall and was nice and cozy, and had a Volvo 122S that could not be stopped.

My little honda's been through a lot more snow than this...but this was my first real blizzard.