Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Epublishing blues

I'm trying to get HTRASG into order to publish in an ebook, but getting the table of contents right is taking forever. It's strongly recommended to have one in an e-blook, so I've got it ready; it's the linkage that's proving to be difficult. I'm doing it on my desktop, which has an older version of Word, so I may have to shift to my laptop to make this work. Everything else is set...Oh, le sigh.

After days and days of gridlock in the brain, I'm finally sensing some movement and beginning to have itchy fingers...which is why I want to get this e-pub thing done, ASAP. Underground Guy is nudging me and ...Owen Taylor is sitting, waiting patiently...but won't for much longer.

The ending has shifted slightly for UG. I was going to have one person in deep danger from the killer; now it's a different one. I've posted segments of it on my tumbler page, just to get an idea of how people feel. If they like it they can click a button that says so. But all I'm putting up is the first chapter and that's already going to be six sections long...and the most "likes" I've gotten, so far, is 5 on the latest bit. So we'll see.

Seems that's all I can do, lately, is wait and see...

No comments: