Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 3, 2014

HTRASG...


Okay...I've got the book reformatted for POD in an 8.5 by 5.5 in. format, and this is the cover I've come up with. All I need to do now is get the barcode, and I think I'm going to add some positive blurbs in the space under the synopsis. Something from the raves the book's gotten off GoodReads, but I need permission, first. Ain't gonna pull no nonsense, here.

Officially speaking, the book is now 148 pages long...but in reality, it's 136. A short novel, with nothing changed but a couple of typos and shifting from CAPS in some words to italics. The rest is title page, table of contents, blank pages and carefully numbering it so the book starts on an odd page instead of even.

Next comes getting it ready for e-book...if they'll take it. Publishing organizations and distributors have become very difficult in what they will and will not offer. I'm hoping by making it clear in the synopsis this book is about more than just sexual titillation...and it is NOT a guide on sexual assault. Why anyone would think that is beyond me...but it has happened. People are weird.

I'm finding one big limitation of publishing through Smashwords is, they don't offer all their books through Amazon Kindle or BN Nook. You can buy a version that works on either, through Smashwords' own page, but not necessarily buy it through either distributor. That's irritating, and really something they should have noted prior to my publishing the e-book of David Martin through them.

Sigh...you live and learn...you would think...


No comments: