Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

RIHC6

I'm being contacted by people asking where they can get copies of my other in-your-face book, Rape In Holding Cell 6. It was published in 2 overpriced volumes and offered in an overpriced e-book, all of which have been stopped. But now volume 2 isn't even available via Amazon's Marketplace, and no one can get it in e-book form. I guess this means I'm building a following.

But something I've noticed...and I'm not saying this a bad or weird or anything...but it seems my following is among women and damaged men. I can't even begin to explain that, considering the subject matter of most of my writing. I mean, not all of the people who've let me know they like my work fall into those two categories, but there are a number who do...and it fascinates me.

 I'm tempted to reformat the book and get it out, now, just to be done with it. But I don't even have a vague idea of what to do with the cover. I'm not crazy about the ones that graced volumes 1&2...yet I'm blank as to what to do in place of them.

Would something like this work, surrounding an image like this? With stark lettering? I guess it'd help if I did something in Photoshop to show what I mean.
I plan to issue both books in a single volume, like I did with Bobby Carapisi, so I only need one cover. Thing is, it's a wide-ranging story -- almost James Bond-ish in its scope. Well...volume 2 is, for sure. And then ...OT is a followup, with Jake as the lead and Antony supporting him...maybe.

I kind of like having a following, of sorts. Would they be minions of mine? I wonder if I could get away with taking my books to Comic-con? That would be a hoot.

And exactly what Antony would do, just to be him.

No comments: