Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Second pass at RIHC6

I compared my published copy of RIHC6v2 to the Word file I found, and it's the same in the important parts, so I'm going through that to prep it for reformatting. I'm still irritated with myself for making such a stupid mistake -- reformatting an old version of the book -- but it's coming along, at least.

I've also worked up an idea I had for the cover of the book -- which is a bit better but still kind of meh, and way too on-the-nose. I want something to kick butt, and these two have come across as amateurish, at best.

I'll be getting my second royalty check on The Lyon's Den. Not as much as my first one since the book's sales are down, but the total count is a LOT more than Amazon claimed. And I'm getting the same sense from the ongoing sales figures on Bobby Carapisi; what Vook is telling me sold and what Amazon says are different. Looks like my suspicions were right.

Dunno what I can do about that, short of offer the books on my own website and advertise the hell out of them and hope people take notice.

Like a publisher should do.

No comments: