Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Snow day..


Nice little winter snow storm, all day...starting at 8:15 am and not even slowing down till after 6, so I stayed home and worked on prepping photos I'd taken of dealers' trunks at various book fairs and finishing up working out my tax information. Not great...but it's done and in a spreadsheet that's easy to read and explains everything. I hope. I'll find out Friday night.

Going through my photos took me into my backup thumb drives and files I'd forgotten about -- like for my trips to Miami and Detroit and Boise. I took the above photo of Niagara Falls 4 years ago, from the tower on the Canadian side of the border...well, photos, obviously; I joined them in PhotoShop. I did it to send to my mother, to show her how the falls worked and how snowy it was. I thought that was a hard winter. Turns out it was the first of three mild ones in a row. This year's is making up for all the others.

Can't go over to Canada, now; not till my passport's back.

Only thoughts and notes have been worked up for UG, the last two days. I'll get back on it, tomorrow. It's pushing to get done...which is a good thing.

My Mac Mini is finally reaching the end of the road. If I try to do anything complicated on it, the program goes screwy. I can still use Photoshop because it's a pretty basic edition, and Word does okay, as does Final Draft. But online it gets lost, half the time, some sites refuse to work right with it, and its CD/DVD player doesn't work at all. I don't know if I'll replace it when it finally stops working. I may just rely on my laptop until I have to replace it, too.

What the hell...it's working okay now.

No comments: