Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Taxing taxes...

The only good thing about prepping your taxes for the CPA is, it makes you so cross-eyed from figures and crap, you'll do anything to get away from it -- even write. Which I did. Added 5 pages to UG. I'm trying to limit myself to going straight through the story, now. It's plotted out; it's time to focus on making it happen.

So...Dev's been arrested as a suspect in a series of murders...and his brother, Colin, isn't even aware of what's going on, yet. But Dev's getting his first lesson in life -- sometimes people just don't give a damn about how you think things should go, or even what is right or proper.

Yeah, this is going to be a rough and tumble book. No idea how long it'll be, yet...it's still surprising me with little add-ons -- like a moment between Colin, and his wife, Lynn, that came out of nowhere. Colin's got slight brain issues thanks to being beaten by their father, so he gets frazzled easily. Devlin's the one who's held their business together, but it's Lynn who knows how to soothe Colin when he's freaking out. Indications are, she'll wind up playing a stronger role in the book than I anticipated.

I think I'll used Paddy O'Brien as the model for Colin. Better-looking than Dev but rather addled, and very straight. Maybe he doesn't really understand that Dev is gay...hmm...

Aw, man...I'm back to enjoying the journey!!

No comments: