Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 18, 2014

All done with PM, for now

I uploaded the book's text and cover to Lightning Spark...and it's already available for sale on Smashwords...so that is that. I've finally gotten all my books back out there and can concentrate on other things -- like OT or UG or CK...or just take a break.

Actually, I'll have to do that, tomorrow. My car's going in for servicing...after me having to shell out over $300 for a new muffler. I guess I should be glad it lasted this long -- 89,000 miles over 16 years -- but it hurt. Damn, it hurt. I've sunk so much money into these books, without much return, yet. I guess the next stage is to figure out how to make them more known or noticed or something...well, in the right crowd. Except for LD and DM; those are nice and mainstream...and ain't sellin' worth shit.

On top of it all, I've found there's a thread on HTRASG's page on GoodReads where people are actually ranting about how awful the book is. It's obvious none of them have read it; they're merely reacting to the title. I'd join in, just for fun, but GoodReads doesn't like authors to do that...and I can understand why. But apparently a lot of people were never taught not to judge a book by its cover.

There have been a number of really good reviews of it, lately -- thoughtful ones. Most of them seem startled they cared enough about Curt to follow through with the story, and are shocked they empathized with him. One of them even focused on the moment where Curt feels a thick, clean, nicely-washed towel and is hurt by how lovely it is...and it made them weep.

God, that makes me feel so fuckin' great.

No comments: