Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Still pushing...

I'm doing what little I know how to keep people interested in my work -- not just the controversial books but also my more mainstream stuff. Like The Lyons' Den. It's got a gay lead and is centered around gay men, but it deals with the same problems everybody has -- love, loss, lies, longing. All with a healthy dose of psychosis...like real life.

It's selling but not anything like I'd hoped. Still...I keep pushing. I've got it listed on a couple of sites in exchange for freebies, and still have my facebook page for it.

Same for David Martin. This little fable's about as mainstream as you can get -- geared mainly at pre-adolescents. But it's not doing very well...and I'm not sure that else to do. I've gotten advice from other self-published authors, but I'm finding they're happy selling 25 books a week. I want to get to where I'm doing twice that many a day.

If anybody has any ideas on how to promote my work, please let me know.

No comments: