Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Here's a gender-bender, deluxe

I think this is the wildest entry into the Eurovision Competition ever...and what makes it great is how much the eastern European nations hate having Conchita Wurst in the contest. They've actually started a petition to take the representative from Austria off the show. As if....
I love the bad wig...the faux beard...the Almodóvar style video...the overwrought song...it's just too-too perfect. And Conchita's got a kick-ass voice. But the absolute best part is how many queens HATE her on the message boards. Back-biting-bitchiness as a kind of salute.

I'm taking bets on whether or not (s)he wins. I've got it down (s)he gets to the final ten, at least. And what shall the headline read?

"Wurst does best!"

2 comments:

Michael said...

This is much better than anything on that Dragrace show my friends sometimes force me to sit through. Bravo, wurst!

JamTheCat said...

This is gonna be one fun competition!