Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 11, 2014

Interesting suggestion...

This was suggested by a friend of mine...and I kind of like it...but I miss the color in the bottom image. It made a nicer contrast to the knife. Still, putting the title in red works really well against a black and white background.

I'm not doing anything about it till late Sunday, however. I finally got in contact with a photographer whose work is posted on DeviantArt.com and he had a photo shoot happening this weekend, so he's going to work in doing an image like the one I sketched up, but more contrasty. He's got a model who'd be a good image for Alec...and I want to see what he comes up with. For just a little more money than using Shutterstock, I could wind up with something really cool and all mine.

Now some writing to discuss:

It's kind of spooky the way things are coming together in OT. From the beginning, I knew the opening would be Jake and his step-mother, Mira, talking over lunch at a small restaurant in Paris, and her grilling him about why he stays with someone as crazy as Antony. And he can't really explain it except that he loves the guy.

But as Sinclair Lewis once wrote, "Love has to stop someplace short of suicide." And throughout the book, Jake was wondering why he and Antony were drifting apart...and so was I.

Until I started having trouble with PM's cover and got so locked into it, I couldn't focus on anything else. That let the back of my brain start listening more closely to Jake...and he started whispering things to me that finally meandered into the forefront...and now I'm ready to rock. I finally have all the answers, and will be cutting a full subplot (which will go to UG).

But I have to say, Jake -- took you damned long enough.

No comments: