Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Kick out the old; Ring in the new....

Or something like that. I dunno. I'm not really feeling the end of the year or beginning of a new one, except I'll be cleaning my apartment and doing laundry, tomorrow, to have everything ready for the beginning of the new year. My exciting time today? Washing the tub. Coolness defines me.

I did more work on OT. Almost through the first half of the book, and clarifying is working in ways unexpected on the story. I chopped out a couple of rambling contemplations of Jake's because with this new excising of adjectives, I'm finding I did entire paragraphs that were little more than that -- modifiers expounding on a thought that really had no business being in the story except to reiterate something that's being proven without reiteration. Removal was required.

It's still a long book, but the characters are defining themselves in ways I greatly appreciate -- not just dialogue or actions the attitudes and intentions...and sneakinesses (as regards Tone's self-certainty). Even minor characters are taking on lives of their own and backgrounds at odds with their perceived personas.

Who knows? I may actually get the fool thing done and in a decent shape. Wouldn't that be a shock, after so damned long at it?

I'm thinking of setting up an IMDb Pro account to get the info I need on producers, directors and actors -- like Aidan Turner. He'd be perfect as Thomas in Darian's Point, and I think he'd go for the story. I just need to work my way up to it...and update my formatting on DP. It's a bit on the antiquated side.

Sort of like me...

No comments: