Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Dunno how I did it...

I got all the books packed before I had to leave for the airport. 152 boxes. Don't know how except the librarians checking them off got going faster and finished quickly, so were able to prep the books for being wrapped. That and the help of my boss, who did a fair amount of librarian-goosing. I wound up with not even a dozen boxes left unused along with a little bubble wrap, most of a box of newsprint and three reams of tissue.

Maybe at a later date I'll dissect what went wrong with this job, but right now it's sufficient to say the man who got it going with us misrepresented the whole thing. Which surprises me. But in the end, the client seemed happy with what we did, and while they would have liked all the boxes to have been collected today, their building's service entrance is too small for anything but a glorified cargo van, and the payload on those things is not enough for the full shipment. So more than half went out, today; the rest will be collected in a couple days.

I got no writing done; I was too beat to even think. The only reason I can formulate coherent sentences right now is I took a nap on the plane. I also paid $8 for WiFi that is barely adequate. Won't do that, again.

Now it's back to zoning...

No comments: