Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 1, 2014

Chicago then LA...

Well, I'm spending next week in Chicago and most of the week after is in LA...Valencia, actually. Should  be interesting. Guess I need to get a new suitcase, or continue to make do with my big one. It's pretty unwieldy...

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to work on, next. I should start back on The Vanishing of Owen Taylor, but I can't decide. I'm also thinking of Underground Guy, lately. It's been almost a year since I came up with that one's storyline, and I'm pretty sure I know where to go with it. OT is going to be an editing job...bigtime.

I spent some of this evening trying to set up a one-on-one conference with another screenwriter over one of my scripts. Don't know how this will work out with me heading out of town, again...but it doesn't hurt to try.

Working on Bugzters did show me how much like a novelist I am when it comes to writing my scripts. And how much not like one. I didn't pay much attention when I was shifting The Lyons' Den to novel format because it was going in such crazy directions. But BZ had a bit too much actor direction in it. And I know it's dealing with kids and some of that is necessary...but it still felt like a bit much.

And yet...Spike Jonze did it...

No comments: