Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, December 27, 2014

More Jake Inspiration...


When I'd written as much as I could, today, I went looking for another rendition of Jake. I found a couple of actors from Iran who were close, but Aidan Turner still owns my image of him. Hair's a bit too long, and Jake's got a goatee, not just scruff...but it's the eyes and the attitude that nail it shut. Below is the only other guy who came close -- Dominic Rains, who was born in Tehran.


Thing is, he seems soft, for Jake. Bendable. Even a bit...I dunno...needy. Blank. He may be none of those things when he's acting in front of a camera...but that's how he hits me.


Whereas, Aidan's got the butch factor down, pat, even though he's nowhere near as built as this guy. Probably because he's Irish. They know betrayal and pain; it's in their blood...their DNA. The Irish may understand fear, but they also know how to stand their ground in the face of it. If they hadn't, they'd still be owned by England. Instead, they started the crumbling of the Empire.

I think that's what I see in Aidan's eyes and not in Dominic's -- the long cold line of history.

2 comments:

MAC said...

Both extremely attractive, but I agree with your choice. I hope all is well my friend!

JamTheCat said...

Same to you, Mac. Hope your holiday was fun, not stressful.

Hmm...maybe I'll send you some Aidan Turner pictures...or do you accept people who are well known? (He's one of the dwarves in the "Hobbit" trilogy.)