Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 15, 2014

Not gonna make it...

It is not possible to pack 925 books, half of which are over-sized folios, in 6 days when each title has to be double-checked on a list and each box has to note what books are in it -- not with 2 people packing and no space to work. I've damn near broken my back trying to get this done, but it looks like a good 30-35 boxes of books are left to do, and they have to be done tomorrow because the pickup is Tuesday morning.

I can probably get 25 done...more if I could stay later. But I'm going to be dead tired in LA, and I'm plowing straight into another packing job there. God, I hope that one will be better.

What's rough about this gig is that one of my bosses is working with me on it, so we're going out to dinner to "strategize." Meaning I'm not getting in till nearly 8 and I've had a beer or two, and I'm beat to the nubs. So not one bit of writing done the last few days. Haven't even written in my journal.

I'm starting to go into withdrawal...

No comments: