Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Socializing...

Never was my thing, especially with people you've worked with all day. But we did it, tonight. We walked 1.5 miles through Chicago's busiest section to find a restaurant that had been recommended and had a good meal, no question. But after being on your feet all day and hefting boxes that weigh 40 -50 lbs around all day, all you really want to do is sit in a hot tub and vege.

Maybe tomorrow...we're only working 6 hours, which is not good. We're behind thanks to changes in the job's parameters after I'd already arrived to start packing. And no matter what happens, this is all being picked up on Tuesday. So Monday may be hellish. I've already bumped my flight from Monday to Tuesday and changed my car rental.

Anyway, that's my life and my living...such as it is, right now.

No comments: