Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, May 9, 2015

New ideas mean new directions...

I had a bright idea about how to get the third act into gear better, which shifted a number of aspects of the ending around. I'm down to 103 pages, now, but there are moments that don't quite fit together yet, so I may be longer...or short. Who knows?

I want to get it done and settled this weekend because I'm driving down to NYC on Tuesday for a packing job and won't be back till Friday afternoon. I can only work scripts on my desktop Mac because it has Final Draft. To put FD on my laptop, I have to buy a new version and I just don't feel the need to put the money out. I'm fighting hard enough to keep my debts under control, as it is; I don't need to buy something that may or may not be necessary. I've got a good updated version of Word for my books.

If I can, I'm going to see Hyena when I'm in NYC. It's at a theater down on 12th street, while I'll be working up near Columbia U, so it's not a definite, yet. Plus my hotel's not on an easy subway line. We'll see. I think I've made Glyde a pretty bad guy. Good and tough with everybody. Plus Ric and Aura are stronger, less innocent, and Ben's emotional arc is clearer.

And the story's even making logical sense...at least, for now.

No comments: