Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, August 31, 2015

Here we go...

I'm definitely in Washington DC October 4-6. That kills my sort-of planned week in LA. Seattle's book fair is a few days later. Such is life in the big city.

I'm not sure how well this standing while writing thing is going to work out. My legs and lower back don't bother me, but by the end of the day my neck and shoulders are getting sore. I may need to raise my table a couple more inches, or take more frequent breaks. Something. So far I've handled it with layers of Icy Hot, so it might also be just getting used to a new position.

I sent another script off -- Carli's Kills. It'd be cheap to make, has some serious action, some serious sex, and is written more like a horror film than a thriller. It's also geared to be shot for not very much money. Set in the desert, with most of the scenes out in the open at night or during the day, or in and around a biker cantina. There's also an isolated house, an alleyway, and an apartment, but that's really it for locations. Not many characters. And the lead is a woman in her early 30s -- Carli. You'd think there'd be a lot of actresses out to grab the role of a bad-ass female...but this ain't no Lifetime Movie.

Thing is, I'm FaceBook friends with a guy who'd be perfect for Zeke -- Alex Minsky. As I've mentioned before, he wants to get into acting, and this role would be a great entry for him. Of course, that'd be if these guys are open to suggestions for casting.

You never know...and wouldn't it be kick-ass if it worked.

No comments: