Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Different directions...

I got my hardcover copy of The Alice '65, today, and it looked fine. All that angst over getting the color out and finally giving in and submitting the pdf with the ICC Color Profiles still there...and it turned out great. So fine, I ain't worrying about it, anymore. It's gonna go like it goes...as the river flows...and all that crap.

I'm going to try something new, here, and offer the hardcover of A65 via ebay, direct from me. I've ordered some copies of it to have on hand and will have it available as of April 15th. If enough people bite, I'll keep it up. If not, I'll have copies to use for publicity and promotion.

I'm about ready to let go of the book. Just a few more items need to be handled -- like sending it to the LoC and getting their response, and shipping signed copies off to the people who helped me by editing and commenting on the story. When all of that happens, then I can relax and accept the book's done. I suppose I could get the paperback ready, completely, including the cover, even though I'm going to wait to issue it till I hear back from the Library of Congress on their notations.

Oh, and set it up on Smashwords. Right. Better make a list, because this will be a full weekend.

I also need to check out my Mastercard; I think I've maxed it doing this, but the friggin' website won't let me in to check. It wants me to reset my password because it doesn't recognize me and it's doing it in a way that doesn't seem right...so I'll call tomorrow and find out what's up. Not interested in dealing with someone from India who responds to your issues with a scripted phrase. Had enough of that with Amazon.

I also picked up my tax return forms...and that's not going to be fun. I'm tempted to let them send me a bill and then refuse to pay it, I'm still so angry over what the Republicans and Czar Snowflake have pulled with their tax rewrite. I've got to pay 20% of my piddly income while Amazon pays nothing.

It's enough to turn you into an anarchist...

No comments: