Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Limiting and unlimiting...

It is really hard to juggle a full-time job that sometimes has me travel with all of the things one needs to do to get your writing noticed to actually being able to write while still maintaining a life. Every now and then it just overwhelms me and I have to step back and let myself breathe. You know, I haven't seen a movie in a theater since Quantum of Solace came out? Three years ago.

I haven't done a sketch in months. I'm making myself take time to read, because to be a decent author that's practically a requirement...and I'm finding I look for excuses not to finish the book. I do Facebook and Mandy and I have 3 scripts posted on InkTip to keep track of and writing seminars to view and books articles about writing to read...and now I'm trying to get myself back to being more active -- like walking or hitting the Y -- and can't work it into my schedule.

I guess I could stop sleeping; that's a waste of 6-7 hours a day. And I could drop working this blog; that's half an hour, there, mainly because I have to keep going over it for typos. Which still slip past. And there's family and you have to shop for food and fix the food and on and on...

I've worked myself into some nice headaches, the last couple weeks. Tension-related and handled by a double-dose of Advil. I'd probably feel a lot better if I could get done with OT and do a couple of paintings I've been planning on.

I want to do a series called Apostles. Mainly Kodalithic black and white faces with one spot of color on them. Acrylic on canvas. I'd like to work up a set of twelve and have the images I want to use as samples for them. I miss doing art...

Maybe that is what I need to feel human, again...

No comments: