Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, May 2, 2016

Limbo...

Still drifting and waiting to see how the fourth proof of OT looks before I continue on. I kind of like the feeling...but are my characters joining in? No. So farr as they're concerned, there's no rest for the writer.

Dev and Reg have come knocking on my brain, asking me to let them take it over and get Underground Guy done. So have Adam and Carli, over The Alice 65 and Carli's Kills...but since I have those two in solid screenplay format and on InkTip and have a few people thinking about them, they don't have the firepower needed to make me pay anything but a fleeting bit of attention, right now.

Mine To Kill is also making a lot of noise. Seems the characters like some ideas I had while doing the drive down to DC and New Haven and NYC and home, week before last. Can't say I blame them; it would be a wild story...which may be the best reason to do it. I just don't know if I should work it up in script form or novel. See if I can really write a Steven King style psychological horror story...with no adjectives. I may reread his book.

What surprises me is...not a word from Brendan, so far. I hope I haven't driven him off with my fear and procrastination. It's just, his Place of Safety is so important to me...and I want to get it just right...and I'm very intimidated by it...

Which is probably why I should do it next.

No comments: