Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Preparations...

I've been working on a post card for OT, to send out to book shops. And I've updated my website -- www.kmscb.com -- to reflect my new book. I'm working on getting reviews of it through a couple of groups I belong to, including offering a free copy of the ebook if they will review it on Smashwords. Once I have the newest proof and know the book is up on Amazon and Barnes & Noble and the like, I'll ask for reviews on them.

I did get a great new review of The Lyons' Den, on Amazon. 5 stars. That's three of them...to counterpoint the single 1 star review I got. I'm so happy they liked it.

I have a couple of seminars I need to watch..well, stream online. People telling you how to write the best logline ever or get steady work as a screenwriter or network or all that stuff that I'm crappy at. I used to think I knew what I needed to know to make these work...well, all except the networking...but since none of my supposed awareness is making any difference, I'm tossing aside my ego and checking to see if someone somewhere might have a snippet of information that might be useful.

So far I haven't. It's mainly people saying the same things I heard 20 years ago. Rare are the ones who share something fresh and new. So I polish my loglines and send out queries left and right and try to frame my letters so they reflect the reality of the script while also fitting the parameters of what the producer wants...and I'll keep going till I drop.

Which may be sooner than later, if I don't stop gaining weight.

No comments: