Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Here we go again

Amazon and I are having another issue. This time, it's about them changing the listings on "Bobby Carapisi" and "Rape in Holding Cell 6". On the Kindle offerings, they've dropped the volume numbers on a couple of them, so all volumes 1 & 2 of BC are listed as is "Bobby Carapisi". Same for RIHC6. And they're taking their time in responding to my queries on it.

They also aren't posting information I've input for each book, have dropped some other info, and are not really cross-referencing the two format listings. What's up on the paperback listing isn't consistently shown in the Kindle, and vise versa. It's irritating.

I also learned May 17th is when "The Lyons' Den" will be available in paperback.

I spent this evening working on the painting...and am not impressed with my efforts, thus far. I want it to look like something like an artist of the late 18th Century would paint, but I'm working in acrylics off a black and white photo of Johnny Depp and images of clothing of the period, and even though I've done some studies, it just ain't translating well. I guess I don't have to submit it to the DeviantArt.com competition...but I'd like to. I have until the 24th, if I remember right. I'd better check that.

Once I'm done, I'll post images of it to show the metamorphosis. Then I'll complete IF and then comes OT.

And if you think I'll stick to this schedule, you don't pay much attention to my blog.

2 comments:

Brad Rushing said...

And when comes POS? (Put Off Sadly)

JamTheCat said...

Good acronym. I honestly don't know. Brendan's not talking to me, right now...but he is watching Jake's and my interactions. I got a feeling once I've got these things done, he's coming in like gangbusters. Of course, only time will tell.

As for me and POS, I'm pretty much resigned to the fact that I'll be working on it for a couple more years to get it as close to right as I can. But I want it to work not just from a reader in Minnesota but also one in Belfast. May be an impossible dream.