Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

I am a Dragon

I am dragon.
Not one that breathes fire but lives in the sea.
Cool and green, like an emerald island,
With secrets lost in the shadows of his heart,
Never to be shared.

I am lion.
So wary and calm, but not to be feared.
Shining in darkness, awaiting my voice,
Into the stars do I search for my soul,
Never to be known.

I am dreamer.
Open and quiet, I seek my beginning.
As far as the heavens, I wander by choice,
Striving to make all creation my art,
Never to have end.

I am dragon, who travels the ocean.
I am lion, with no need for motion.
I am dreamer, caught by the sky.
And all I ask is to understand why.

(April is National Poetry Month)
[edited 4/4/12]

No comments: