Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Nice hot bath

I'm going to sit and luxuriate for as long as the water stays hot. I worked 11 hours, today, and tomorrow get to traipse all over the book fair talking to clients. This ain't no fun visit, for sure.

While I was packing, I did zero thinking about anything but the job. I was the only one there and had to get it done. But afterwards, I hopped over to the Pig & Whistle and had a Guinness and Shepherd's pie and Jake popped in with a question -- can you really evaluate the damage that's been done to you? Meaning aren't you too close to it to actually see what's been done?

I have to think about that...once I'm able to think, again.

Now my hot bath awaits.

No comments: