Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 18, 2017

Confusion sets in...

I just got to a chapter in Underground Guy that decided to rearrange itself and now it makes no sense to me. I'll need to go back over it to see WTF is going on here. It started out with me not liking how Dev starts telling another character what's really going on with the killings...at least, his interpretation of it...and then it brought in stuff that went this direction and that, so I have to stop and fix the chaos it's engendering.

Doesn't help I'm in a very weird mood. I saw this photo of a gendarme sweeping a street -- probably after an accident -- and it hit me in such a way that...that it hurt me. I can't explain it beyond that. I've had pictures do that to me, before, where I see one that's nice and all but a bit innocuous and wind up gripped by it. Caught by it. Lost in it.

This one's just of a young nice-looking cop and a broom on a French street, somewhere. Nothing really there. And yet...well, I don't know if it's the composition or the simplicity of it or the hints of a story behind it or even if I'm attracted to him; I keep coming back to it to look at it, again and again.

And feel feel my breath go soft and the shadows in my heart grow darker...

No comments: