I still don't know why I'm telling this story. I feel like I'm looking at it. Seeing it. But not understanding it because it's caught in a dead calm and I cannot reach it.
Seriously, I have no clue as to why the prosecutors are pushing the case forward...except for ego, and that is a weak excuse. But neither Dillon nor Elissa are being forthcoming, and Paley is just happy to be a dick.
Of course, I'm finding there are a lot of people in the world like that. Gaining joy from hurting others. Half the comments on FaceBook posts, as well as Xitter and Instagram, come from men and women happily being assholes to the original poster for no more reason than they can.
I follow some trans men from the US, UK and EU, and many of the comments are amazingly dismissive if not hateful. The usual "You're still a girl" nonsense spat at a man who's got a beard and more muscles than any of them. It is really quite childish. On the level of an 8th grade bully or mean girl.
I don't think MQM is about that. It seems pretty obvious and surface-level...and really too easy an excuse for Dillon. But what other reason could there be for him to keep prosecuting Simon? I can't see mere momentum being the cause, because prosecutors have consistently dropped cases that become too hard to win.
I'm at a complete loss.


No comments:
Post a Comment