It was a stupid thing to do, and very self-indulgent. I didn't even shower, which is really unusual, for me. I hate going to bed not feeling clean.
Not that I'd done anything in the way of sweating. Yesterday was rainy and cool. I just went out for more DPZ and bananas, and had no intention of leaving my apartment today. Which I didn't.
It wasn't a total waste. I had a couple ideas come to me for connecting the state police and AG taking on the investigation of Simon's murder to ReShawn's conversation with Viona to him taking his son to a little league game. I've run over the conversation he has with Arlon and expanded it.
Prior to that, ReShawn will also have a biting back and forth with Elissa on the responsibility for Simon's death. He's found out who revealed where Simon was staying to a podcaster named Frahnkly Frank, so he could try to interview him.
He is angry she and Dillon were trying so hard to convict Simon and suggests she helped create the situation that led to his death. But she shoves the responsibility for it back onto him, pointing out he could have taken Simon home and to the bus depot the next day, but instead put him into a hotel.
"You didn't want him near your son," she says. "So don't get all moralistic with me. Deep down you felt the same about him as I do."
And there is no way to deflect that reality.


No comments:
Post a Comment