A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Sunday, July 26, 2026

Addition...

Simon is approached by a representative of Barrington's LGBTQA+ community, who know about Paley and his homophobia. They exchange notes and Simon now has more info to push back against the charges.

I wonder why it took me so long to figure out something like this would happen? There was a news story about his arrest. And it turns out he's not the first person Paley's pulled his nonsense with. But the idea came out of nowhere, today, and added nearly 2000 words to the story.

My feeling is it will also play in later...like maybe they turn on him when he's accused of child molestation. Not sure about that, because it doesn't get broadcast about till after he's dead. I'll have to think about that.

Right now, I think I've got maybe 2/3 of the story worked up. I can see a list of things I need to add in and some I'd been thinking about that aren't necessary. So despite me, it's coming together.

It's been difficult, today, for a different reason. I've been doing a light workout to increase the circulation in my legs, and somehow I hurt my back. The lower left side of it. I went through the motions of what leg exercises I'd done while pressing on it, and I can feel my hips and backbone shifting in a way that is not comfortable.

Amazing. Every time I've tried to work out I've wound up getting hurt. Friends of mine have said the gym is the most dangerous place there is outside of the home...and I now believe them. No more exercises.

No comments: