A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home

A Place of Safety - Derry / New World For Old / Home Not Home
All three volumes are available in hardcover, paperback and ebook!

Wednesday, July 29, 2026

Train wreck

That's me, right now. A survivor. Because I went through the arduous process of preparing for a colonoscopy, yesterday till this morning, and it totally fucked with my brain and emotional stability, let alone physical well-being. All day, all night. And I'm still regrouping.

I thought I'd be able to work on MQM, at least a little, but my brain shot everywhere. I wound up watching all 4 episodes of the 25th season of Midsomer Murders. Which I'd already seen...but recently got a DVD copy of it and have a thing for Nick Hendrix.

Why? No idea. He's not exactly my type. But I used him as the model for Finley Winterbourne in The Beast in the Nothing Room a few years back and my crush has not diminished. This image is from episode three, where a couple of women are watching him build a gazebo, shirtless, and enjoying themselves.

Is that also known as the female gaze? I liked it...and I be so happy they are filming Season 26.

At least I managed to take out my recycling, but I'm giving up on doing anything more. Brain is too fucked up and I'm still on the achy side. I blame it on my age. The last time I had one of these things, I was still in my 60s. Now I'm an old fuck dreaming about Brit boys I'll never never even know.

The horror of all existence...

No comments: