But yeah, it's like I was drunk. Couldn't have walked a straight line if my life depended on it. And even after sleeping off a lot more of it, that might be what I was so fucked up, all day. And whether it's true or not, I'm sticking with that story.
Today was a lot better. I reworked chapter one of MQM and I think I may have locked in the voice of the piece. Semi-jokey. Detailed more. A light, almost conversational touch on the grammar. And cleared out not only some repetition but some bits that didn't really work.
It helped that the nurse practitioner from Aetna, who was supposed to come check out my meds and see how I'm doing handling the diabetes and such, canceled. An hour before she was due.
On a good note, I got some really good feedback on The Alice '65 from the office secretary. I'd lent it to her and she loved it. Thought it was fun and surprising, and she liked how I showed several aspects of Casey as well as Adam. Even loved Gertrude. That made my day.
Something else it did was give me pause to see I was making MQM too heavy. The story is a tragedy but also the story of an elderly gay man's life. So I'm adding in more fun on his part. Like how he gets a wicked pleasure in writing erotic ditties about men he either likes or wants to get even with...and publishes them.
Simon's no saint...though I just remembered that The Saint was named Simon.


No comments:
Post a Comment